The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Français 한국어 日本語

15 July 2015

Home>Services>Quick Links>FAQ

[Study] What documents should I have with me when applying a student visa to China?

International students should apply for a visa to study in China at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General with the original documents and one set of photocopies of the Admission Notice, Visa Application for Study In China (JW201 or JW202) and Foreigner Physical Examination Form, and a valid ordinary passport. Students who are going to stay in China for more than 6 months will need to apply for "X1" visa, while those who will stay less than 6 months will need to apply for "X2" visa. The scholarship students must enter China with the original copies of the above documents. A person coming to China with other types of passports, visas or without the original documents will not be able to register with the institution, nor will they be able to apply for residence in China. Source: