The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Français 한국어 日本語

15 July 2015

Home>Services>Quick Links>FAQ

[Study] Is it possible for me to get some kind of scholarship to fund my study in China?

In order to strengthen mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and people from the rest of the world, and to enhance cooperation and exchanges in the fields of education, science & technology, culture, economics and trade between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship schemes to sponsor international students and scholars to undertake studies and research in Chinese institutions of higher education. Some other possible funding sources are your university’s student advising center, local governments where you university is based, and some private companies which are based in your home country while have connections in China. In 2006, the Chinese government has expanded the international students’ scholarship quota to 10,000. And the amount of money a government-funded international student receives will also be increased.
A Chinese government full scholarship covers tuition (or research) fees, medical Insurance for International Students, basic learning materials costs, accommodation, living allowance, a one-time settlement subsidy and one inter-city travel allowance. And partial scholarship includes one or some items of the full scholarship. For the application of Chinese government scholarships, please consult the education section of your local Chinese embassy or consulates, or directly contact with the Chinese Scholarship Council which is entrusted by China Ministry of Education to administer the recruitment of international students and the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship Programs.
Address: A3 Building 2, No.9 Chegongzhuang Street, Beijing 100044, P. R. China
Tel: 0086-10-88393619 0086-10-66093916-3926
Fax: 0086-10-88393620 0086-10-66093915