The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Français 한국어 日本語

15 July 2015

Home>Services>Quick Links>FAQ

[Study] I’m considering going to study in China. Can you brief me about the general application procedures?

Application procedures may vary between institutions and courses. We recommend that you visit the university’s website for the latest information. And you are advised to contact the admission office or the foreign students’office at the institution you are interested in. Apply to the institution before the final application date. The application documents usually includes: a qualified copy of your highest diploma with a copy of the corresponding transcript, the application form and a copy of your passport. The necessary application documents varies in different universities.


Following submission of all necessary documents within a month or two, the university will send you the admission notice,a JW202 (Visa Application for Study in China) and guide for new students.


The medical examination report is valid for a limited time, so do not do it too early. After you have received the documents, you may apply for a visa and make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after leaving China.


After arriving in China, bring all the necessary documents to the registration desk. Upon registration you might also need to have a proof of insurance coverage. Also, when registering some universities only accept cash.


When living off campus, you must register at a local police station. Some universities can provide a list of housing possibilities and if you do wish to do this, it might be useful to make a reservation two months in advance.